Friday, September 30, 2011

Outfit Post: Mori Girl

I just came up with this outfit because I thought it was cute then my sister saw it and said "you look like a mori girl".

A what?

So I did a couple of searching on the net and found this..

Mori Girl fashion recently emerged in 2007 in Japan. Mori means "forest" in Japanese, and the style concept is "a girl who looks like she is living in the forest" The look is natural & earthy. The fictional archetype was declared as being the character of Hagu from Honey & Clover. The actual archetype of Mori Girl fashion is the actress Yuu Aoi, who as a matter of fact played Hagu in the Honey & Clover movie in 2006. Mori girl has developed not only as a style, but as a lifestyle as well! Quirky girls who love vintage clothing, pocket watches, tea, moss or going snooping in the grandma's attic will feel right at home in this fashion style. Although mori girl is natural, it does not mean it is simple! Mori girl does have a little bit of complexity to it. - wikihow

The mori girl is a popular subculture in Japan. It may seem simple to dress in a mori girl-like fashion but its more complicated than simple. There's a lot of layering and details and earth tone colors are emphasized.

another cute mori girl
I really had no idea that I wore a mori girl outfit but I think it turned out quiet well. 

Dress: Thrifted
Straw Fedora: Saizen + DIY black ribbon detail
Belt: Robinsons dept. Store
Brown Boots: Primadonna
Ring: SM dept. store


I love this dress because of the soft texture and prints plus its thrifted! Dresses like this inspire me to thrift, its like a new found hobby. =)

What do you think of my mori girl outfit? 



5 comments:

  1. That dress is simply lovely, I love your take on the mori girl style xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit and these pictures, you look so good, that dress is really beautiful, the color, the length, the shape are all perfect. You are so beautiful; also that hat is pretty awesome! Your blog is lovely by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sara
    Hi Sara! Thank you very much for that inspiring message! Welcome to my blog and I'll be following yours too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive wanted to try this "mori" looks... and go into the forest to do a shoot. the thing is, i dont have the time, and i believe, the right clothes too. haha.. most of my clothes are in dark colors so if i did that, i would look more like a witch than a wood nymph or fairy. anyway i love your dress. cute!

    cheers,carla
    misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I love your collections. The last dress is so lovely. Do you sell it? It''s very pretty to look at with you wearing it.

    Do you wanna check out some more plus size dresses too? I've stumbled upon this, plus size dresses Australia you might like their collection too.

    ReplyDelete