Monday, August 15, 2011

Thrift Loves post #1

I absolutely love thrift shopping! It gives me the thrill of  searching for awesome pieces and buying it at a fraction of the cost. Finding clothes in thrift stores challenges my inner creativeness. When I find something worthy, I think of ways on how to update it and make it more modern or even vintage. Believe it or not, you can rock the latest trends without breaking your wallet. Just go to your nearest thrift store (ukay-ukay in our local language), be patient, rummage through all the clothes and you will find something worth your interest. Trust me, I've had a first-hand experience.

Since I love thrifting so much, half of my closet came from thrift stores (ukay-ukay). Here are some of the ones I bought and how I styled them.

Cute printed dress. The printed fabric is sheer and flowy. Price is a whopping 75 Php (around $1)



Sequined bolero/jacket. Bought this for 150Php ($3)

Look 1:
Dress: Thrifted
Jacket: SM Dept. Store
Gray boots: Zara
Peacock Necklace: Robinsons Dept. Store
Look 2: Sequined bolero: Thrifted
Dress: Thrifted
Gray boots: Zara
White cardigan: Thrifted
Blue and white top: No brand
Jeans: Landmark
White heels: Shubizz
Brown belt: Robinsons Dept Store 
Till next time loves!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Anj! =) Aww don't be, lets go thrift shopping together. I saw this in marikina and bought it for 50 pesos. crazy! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absloutley love thrifting too. It's an excellent way to learn how to step outside your comfort zone and try new things. You found some great items!

    ReplyDelete